Bible Quiz Rules and Scoring
You can participate in quiz 10 times a month. You have to provide an accurate mailing address if you want to get the prize.
You can win only one prize a month, in case you win the two first places, the prize will be given to the next in top list.
Quiz consists in 15 random chosen questions out of 3417 that we have in our database currently.
When you finish answering, your result will be inserted into the top list for the month. You can see it here.
If you qualify for a prize, you can sign-up for a notification e-mail in case someone overtakes your position.
PrizesThis month we have 0 prizes.
OK, this will be little complicated, but keep reading if you want to know the details. The score is calculated using the following parameters:
- number of correct AND wrong answers
- time used to finish the quiz
- number of used Fifty-Fifties.
Calculation is the following
- The number of correct answers is multiplied by 1000 and then divided with the natural logarithm of the second used. Why this? Well, because we get quite a good relation between knowledge and speed with it, still preferring knowledge but not underestimating the speed. If two will have the same number of correct and wrong answers, the one using less time will win.
- Then for every wrong answer you loose 10%. By doing this we de-stimulate "bluffing" - sine there's always a 25% that you get the correct answer (1 out of 4).
- At the end you loose for every used Fifty-Fifty 4% of the total score, which means: it's better to respond with a Fifty-Fifty then not to respond but if you don't know the answer even after using Fifty-Fifty, you'll loose 14% of your score.
That's it... if you need any further explanation you can contact me at email@example.com.OK, I understand the rules, let's take a quiz now!